28 April 2009

wordpress vs blogspot

 



This is my statistics.  The main reason why I'm in wordpress right now and not blogger.   I get excited each time I see my blog getting its fair share of readers.  Last Tuesday (April 27),  I had 12 visitors from all over.    While one can istall a third party stat reader for blogger, this one is an automatic WP feature.   With wordpress, you get to see how the reader got to your blog, what are the search terms they used, how many views they got for the day and if they click any links from your blog.  here's a sample of what i am claiming:

Today, my visibility relied on the tags I used for the post and one link shared at Pinoy exchange. Yesterday, a reader from FisherBoy dropped by in my blog.  People have been finding my blog with the terms Dawal, Zambales, Magic Lagoon and Subic.  I noticed how seasonal this can be.  Last Christmas, readers  found my blog because they've been looking for Crema de Fruta recipe and the girls' cookout article have been raking hits.  Now people have been looking for vacation spots.  I'm sure I will have lesser visitors by June - November but it's fine with me.

I used to have a blogspot but I wasn't able to update it after the wedding which was almost 3 years ago.   I like that Blogger has several themes available.  Search google and more users are creating exciting themes for Blogger.  Wordpress has limited themes and features are sometimes limited to the theme you choose.  I hate it that you have to upgrade an account or upload wordpress to you own host for you to use the special themes.   But wordpress has several widgets you can use to enhance your blog like meebo, custom text, Del.icio.us, Flickr, Twitter updates,platial mapkits,,,etc.  I have yet to explore the last 4 because I don't have them...sayang naman!

No comments:

Post a Comment