20 April 2010

vtr result

I knew we would get a call back after the VTR.  Based on the people's reactions and the lady who took Sofi's video, I knew that Sofi's chance is quite high.  Besides, Jaims knows that these agencies are really looking for the fair complexioned, chubby kids when there's an audition.


At around 8.30PM, I received a text message asking us to call the landline of Liahona Casting Agency for the result of the VTR.  When I didn't call them, because I didn't hear my text tune, I received another text.  I asked Jaims to call them but their line was busy.  At past nine, I got another text from them.  Anyway, Jaims called them and true to the feedbacks I've been reading in several blogs and online fora, my daughter had to undergo a 10 day workshop.  It will cost us P4,500.00 for the 10 day workshop and they will teach Sofi how to act in front of the camera and they will teach her how to do modeling and the works.  Jaims said that we'll discuss it first then he hung up.


We have nothing against the workshop.  Had it been free and has the right schedule we might exert effort in bringing her there.  Of course money matters a lot nowadays and P4,500.00 still 4,500.  In terms of schedule, Barney is not available on Thursdays and the workshop is Thursday and Saturday only.


They said that they will still keep Sofi's file on hand when the advertising people are on the lookout.  But then again, I know the agency will prioritize those who took the workshop.  Jaims said that we might be taking away her special opportunity to become a TV/print ad model.  To have a celebrity kid takes a lot of effort from the parent.  For her to become one requires that we bring her to several agencies, have a lot of VTR and be aware of all the available opportunities.  and that's a lot of responsibility for a mom who has a full time job.  How can I be an ultimate stage mom if I have work?  My take is if they like her, then they like her.  One or two or several VTRs are ok but again I don't like pushing her into something that both of us won't benefit in the end.  Let things come naturally.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, mare... showbiz si Sofi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. subok lang. baka sakaling maging susi sa kahirapan. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete