23 June 2009

missy

I’m typing this blog entry using MISSY.  Missy is my new toy.  Though I’m not the gadget-freak type, I think that it’s high time I get my own lappytoppy.  Been salivating about this for quite some time though I didn’t like the idea of getting a netbook before.
Netbooks refer to the small version notebooks with screens measuring from 8 to 10inches. They’re as big as regular writing notebook, as light as your husband’s shoes and as functional as your regular PC.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="362" caption="MSI WIND"]MSI WIND[/caption]

Netbooks don’t have optical drives -- Can’t play, watch or burn CDs/DVDs.  But I’ve seen its advantage.  It’s light, portable and budget friendly.  There are a lot of available 10” netbooks in the market.  There’s HP mini, the ever famous ASUS eee PC, Lenovo and MSI Wind.  I also encountered Gigabyte and Qube netbooks in the market.  But after weeks of comparing and browsing reviews on the web, MSI Wind emerged as the winner.  I got the MSI Wind 100H LXP8 with the following specs:

  • Intel Atom N280 Processor

  • 10.2” WSVGA (non-glare type)

  • SATA 250 GB

  • 2GB DDRII Memory

  • 6 cells battery

  • No Bluetooth

  • Webcam

  • Wi-fi ready

  • Free XP home


In terms of physical appearance HP mini is a sure winner, availability of accessories is taken over by ASUS but Wind has an almost full-size keyboard.  Its screen size is also a lot bigger than other netbooks.  HP mini becomes way too hot during usage and they say Wind has a tolerable heat.  Anyway since this is an ode to Missy and not another netbook review, I’m stopping here.  Besides Missy has just arrived last Saturday so I can’t say much based from experience.  Give me another month and I’m sure there’s a lot to say about her.  I just hope I get this fully paid before something bad happens to her or at least have the warranty cover the damages if ever.  Top priority is to keep Missy away from Sofi…as she can be one big gadget-freak.



3 comments:

  1. uy mare! got the same thing, same exact color! and it's super sulit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, ako pala yung nag-comment earlier :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo, alam ko ikay yun kse pareho ng IP address heheheh...naku, inabot ako ng ilang araw kakabasa ng reviews. winner talaga sya, promise! how's your card reader? gumagana ba? i might return missy parang dun ako namrublema eh

    ReplyDelete