21 December 2005

auspicious date, suspicious faith

Paul said Vnee marched down the aisle last week…Florence did it last month…can I be the next?
*******************************************
I’m no big fan of feng shui or any pamahiin but as they said there’s nothing wrong in believing. Anything to make my special day less of a hassle will be appreciated. Ms. Maritess of World of Feng Shui (shameless plug!) gave Jaims a 2006 feng shui calendar complete with auspicious date for getting married, transacting business, moving houses and going places. Aside from the auspicious dates…this calendar also has the power to predict auspicious time within the day and whether that particular day you chose is compatible with your sign.

I wanted to get hitched on the 28th of October; not that it meant anything to us. I was just being practical. 28 marks the start of a week long vacation from work but apparently this mighty calendar didn’t favor our first option. Anyways, December was our next choice but then, Jaims being the (self-proclaimed) wedding photographer that he is, we had to consider that Saturdays weddings meant he had to turn down prospective clients…bad feng shui for our finances (hahaha!). Weekdays are okay but then I prefer Saturdays. We have weekday choices but the calendar didn’t favor them either. Ahhh…if I could only get rid of my masters class and licensure exam then maybe we could slate it for an earlier schedule. We really wanted to do it on April but since I still have to go to school, I (on behalf of Jaims) decided not to. I don’t want it to be on August (because it’s my birth month) and Jaims doesn’t like to have it on September since the weather might not approve of us despite our endless consultation with the Chinese calendar.

So how did our discussion of the date turned out? I don’t know, we got lost along the way and we ended with another topic…we’ll get to that…no pressure…

No comments:

Post a Comment