28 December 2009

new toys

i'm not a gadget freak (according to one article i wrote months back)but if i have the money and i had to buy something other than the basics...i'd go for the techie stuff.

after missy, comes Oly.  oly is my new toy, short for, Olympus.  Oly is the new Olympus µ TOUGH-8000 -- a 12 megapixel, waterproof, shockproof, crushproof and freezeproof digital camera.  Pretty tough for a digicam, this beauty can be drop off a 2m solid ground and still take pictures perfectly.  for more of its features you may check this site.

the main reason why i bought this is because our old baby digicam -- Canon Ixus i5 can't take pictures under the bright sun anymore.  It has a waterproof casing when we purchased it that's why buying an ordinary digicam won't give justice to the tradition.   Sofi and i are both beach-addicts too that's why a waterproof digicam is definitely a good buy.

Mall price is  around P24,000.  I got mine from St. Francis Squre, the tiangge mall right across Megamall from Kimstore for only P14,500.  Though they have a package which that includes memory and casing, I opted to buy the unit only.  It's cheaper and since i have an extra memory from my cell phone I decided not to buy another one.

I got it a few days after we went to Zamba.  It's a pity that I wasn't able to get it before the swim but it's okay.  I'm pretty sure there'll be another one.

Another toy I got after Christmas is  the Myer Desk Lamp.  It's a lamp with a dimmer switch, good for my night reading and homework preparation.  I've been asking Jaims for a night lamp because I can't read in the dark every time I bring home a pocketbook or if i have to write a paper that requires reading a book or magazine.  the only time I get to read a book is when Sofi is asleep and that meant lights off.  With this new toy, I can brighten the room and dim it, too. Got it from SM for P195.00 with orange tag.  Can't wait for school to start again :)

3 comments:

  1. Oooohhhh! I also want a waterproof camera! I've thought of getting a Powershot D10, but it's a little pricey. Your camera seems to be a good option :) Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mare, you're back online! hehehhe! una kong gusto yung d10 kse cute tsaka may promo with citibank...but narealize ko kung formal event yung pupuntahan ko, mejo bulky sya. sobrang good buy na ni Oly pwedeng ibato hahahah! prob ko lang kung pano sya papalutangin?!

    if hindi ka naman choosy, try mo rin Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT1 / TS1, Pentax Optio W Series, Vivitar 6200W, and Ricoh G600. Happy cam hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Type ko yung desk lamp! I'll check it out at SM tomorrow! Yay! Great for school!

    ReplyDelete