24 November 2005

reception...

Was suppose to lament on how difficult it is to decide on everything, especially if the variables are limited in nature…but reading my sweetie’s thoughts, I’d like to postpone that for a while and pay tribute to his 14-liner-POV…wehe…

…twisted??? Witwit, those were just the facts…I understand that it is difficult for your age to recall all the details (hahaha!) that’s why I’m here to retell the story of our love even to our future grand children. Don’t worry, even if you delete or edit that entry…my POV will never, EVER change…and so is my love for you…*awww, sweet!*

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
As I was saying, deciding is not really my cup of tea. To think that Jaims and I haven’t really started planning things seriously, here I am starting to worry about almost everything. If only we could afford hotel receptions …but since we can’t, we’re looking at a garden or restaurant for a venue. Garden venues are a bit pricey but not as expensive as hotels…so probably we could s t r e t c h our budget to make the event a li’l elegant.

We’ve been to Bramante Piazza at the Renaissance. It looked great on pictures ( http://http://www.betterpancatering.com) but when we got there I got disappointed. The plants were dry and it seems that Renaissance didn’t maintain the place. Hadn’t it been for the tenants taking a swim, I would really think the place was already abandoned. The elevator’s not working, the way going up is quite dark, there were few people to ask for directions. The pool looks nice, but I’m kinda skeptic on the fact that the pool will divide the guests into groups. They’re supposed to mingle, socialize…meet new friends…find their soul mates hehe… The menu looks delectable but for 400 per head, pwede na rin.

We also went to Crowne Plaza. Hello, wishful thinking! That is way beyond our budget. We talked about inquiring on restaurants. Went to Pilô yesterday to inquire…for a budget wedding probably that would do. The owner told us that she could give it for P380 per head, but she’s willing to lower the price if the couple doesn’t intend to serve the other viands. The lowest she ever gave daw was P310. The place is okay but not as elegant as any other wedding venues. For photo-ops, they have a small garden. I just didn’t like the location of the buffet table, it’s at the middle. But since for 130 guest they’re willing to close it for your event, maybe the couple can call the shots regarding sitting arrangement.

Siguro next week, we’ll get to visit more venues. I’m excited to inquire at MMLDC, Sunset Lounge – East West (which I got to see a while ago) and PSE auditorium.

No comments:

Post a Comment