16 July 2009

Sofi's 2nd birthday

It was Sofi's 2nd bday last Friday.  Since I still have to report to work, Jaims and I decided to celebrate her birthday the following day.  We have agreed before that we won't have a special party for her 2nd birthday.  more than the lack of money, we felt that living and leading a simple life is one of the values that we want to instill on her...and yeah the lack of funds is a major reason too...hehehe!  God must have love me soo much that he decided to whisper to our Accounting department to release our salaries earlier.

 gift 03After work, I went straight to Robinson's Galleria to buy ingredients and balloons for her home party.  Mama said I just need to buy the sauce and noodles because she already bought the ground pork at the market that morn.  I decided to get her a gift also.  The sketch and erase thingy that works like the magic slate we used to have before.  Jaims fetched me and when we got home, I gave Sofi her gift at once.  I had it wrapped in RG so when she saw me with the box she got so excited she kept saying WOW!

balloonsThe next day, we woke up at 8 so I can finish my laundry before our mini party begins.  I knew from her schedule that Sofi will sleep by 11AM, so that's when I started pumping air to her balloons.  I never knew blowing air to balloons can be so hard.  I popped 3 while pumping air and a lot followed even when I wasn't touching them.  From the official count of 23, i ended with 10 balloons by the time the party started.

When i was finished with the balloons, I prepared her dress and went back to our room to check on her.  I brought her down and I felt so happy hearing how amazed she was that there were balloons all over our sala.  When she saw her dress she was coaxing me to change her clothes already.  Again, she got so excited that she kept on saying "thank you, mommy! thank you, daddy!"

blowWe left her for a while to buy her cake.  I was planning to buy her a cake at red Ribbon to avoid the hassle of going to Goldilocks but when I got there, I was caught surprised by the price. A small rectangular cake costs 699.00 as compared to Goldilock's 299.00.  The kuripot me decided to just go to Goldilocks.  i got her the 8x12 chocolate cake.  When we got home Sofi saw the box and she was chanting "botday ni Sofi, botdey ni Sofi" repeatedly.  We took several pictures of her blowing her birthday candles.  Honestly, i made her practice a few days before her birthday.  I took a white candle and asked her to blow it.  I knew that on her birthday she'll make it.

happybirthdayWe had cake, spaghetti, chicken lollipop, lumpiang shanghai, softdrinks and ice cream.  We invited her Tita (jaims' sister) but they weren't able to come.  her Ninang analyn dropped by to greet her also. So technically it was just us who where present during her birthday.  But she was happy.  I knew from her reaction, her face, her perkiness that she appreciated our little effort to celebrate her special day.  And at that instant I felt like I'm celebrating my own birthday -- her happinness is one great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment