11 June 2009

LTO student permit

As my husband-slash-driving instructor recommends, a student driver's permit is required in the process of learning how to drive.  We went yesterday, June 8, 2009 in Pasig LTO situated inside the Kapitolyo grounds.  As promised, fixers were all over the place, shouting and signing "Sir, parehistro po, parehistro?"  And since I have my bodyguard slash husband slash driving instructor with me there was no way these guys can get near me.  We got there at 12 noon and since the gov't has a mandated lunchbreak sched, we just got the requirement list and went out to take lunch first. The list told us to bring the following:
  • birth certificate from civil registry
  • Tin Number
  • Application Form
  • P 371.63

Make sure you have a photocopy of your birth certificate and your ID bearing your TIN number.  In my case since I am married already, I was asked to submit a marriage certificate.  Good thing, I had it with me.  If you don't have a birth certificate with you...The list also indicates what to submit just in case you dont have your birth certificate with you like a government ID like SSS or GSIS is required or an affidavit of two persons claiming that they know you and you are that person applying for a license.

We got back past 1 pm, and there was already a checkpoint near the LTO office asking for parking fee who weren't there on our first trip.  After a discussion, we ended paying P20.00 with government receipt that looks like it was tampered.  The seats were almost filled.  I went straight to the customer service representative table, where they gave me the application form.  I filled it up, gathered my documents and submitted it to him.  He told me to wait so I squeezed myself amongst the sweaty licensee hopefuls and waited for my turn to be called.  It was quite a long wait but still tolerable.  While waiting, I saw a man in shorts came out of the office, went close to the security guard, handed a balled up paper to him and said something which i figured as thank you.  And for that moment I felt nervous.  I was thinking, the wait might end up to be longer than I think it should.

After a few more minutes, I was called only to find out that I should be submitting a marriage certificate instead of a birth certificate since i'm married already.  I gave my photo copy and submitted my paper back.  Again I waited.  And then my name was announced in the mcrophone and was told to proceed to the photographer.  Yey, Step 2!  It was a small window and from there a webcam was situated atop a CPU unit.  I was told to just look at the webcam, a few seconds after i was instructed to sign in a tablet.  It was funny to see scribbles of names and signatures in the tablet.  Maybe it would be good to assume that not all people know what a tablet is... :)

I went back to my seat and waited for my name to be called again.  Third step is to pay P317.63 to the cashier.  Fifteen minutes after, I was called to window 9 to pay the fee.  Another 15 minutes and I was called to the releasing window. 


Before leaving LTO, I was stripped off with another P20.00 for the plastic ID holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment