29 June 2009

very long weekend

since it's gonna take a while before i report back to work i've taken the role of a mommy-slash-yaya. Sofi is turning to a one hell of an explorer -- one minute she's under the table and the next thing you knew she's up the shelves. She talks a lot, runs a lot, cries a lot and do all sorts of mommy NO-NOs. but mommy's learning how to control her anger or at least mommy's trying to lengthen her patience.

Today, Sofi made me proud with the three things she did.
1. Sofi wee-wee using her potty trainer for the first time. We have the potty trainer long before she was born. Her cousin used to own it. I tried teaching her how to use it before but she keeps on laughing each time i ask her to wee-wee. This morning, I pulled her diapers and allowed her to play with just her undies on. She went to me and told me that she wants to pee. So I hurriedly clean the potty trainer and gave it to her. On her first attempt, no pee came out, so i went back to my breakfast. She was able to make it on her second. My dad asked if I put water inside the potty. I said no and peeked in. She was able to make it.

2. She took her vitamins with no struggles.  Medicine feeding was the hardest part of her daily routine.  She would cry and pretend to choke and vomit when asked to take her vitamins.  We had to stop giving her vitamins when she turned 1 because the process seemed futile.  Thanks to the tiki-tiki vitamins commercial showcasing a smiling baby while being given tiki-tiki drops, medicine taking is a breeze.

3.  She helped me in baking bibingka.  Though I still have to guide her with the whisk, she was so happy being allowed to help in the preparation of the merienda.  We made an instant bibingka which we got from the cupboard.  The Bibingka was made of a 250g Bibingka mix (similar to a hotcake flour), 3 eggs, 1/2 cup sugar, 4tbsp melted butter, 1 cup water and salted egg.  Baked it in a oven toaster for 15 minutes or so.  She was beside me when i popped it out from the oven and she was amazed after seeing how it turned out.

huli

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Galing naman Sofi! Pahingi naman ng bibingka dyan, hehehe...

    ReplyDelete