25 July 2006

Marriage License Application

Despite the raging weather, Jaims and I managed to go to City Hall today to process our marriage license.

Pasig City Hall


I attempted to do this 2 or 3 weeks ago but since they have a new requirement, which is the CENOMAR, it had to wait. Yesterday should have been good. It was announced early Sunday evening that classes were cancelled and so we planned. The following day Gloria declared no work for government employees. Papa said it wasn’t about the weather, it was probably about her SONA. peste!

Luckily DepEd declared no classes again (or was it PAG-ASA) so we were able to do go there. We got to City Hall freezing, partially drenched and with squishy feet. The lady was nice enough. She just asked if we have Cenomar already and then she gave us the forms already. We filled up two copies and presented her the requirements. The requirements are:

• NSO birth certificate
• Barangay Clearance (if your from Pasig City)
• Cenomar (Certificate of No Marriage – from NSO)
• Family Planning Seminar/ Church Seminar


My forms had erasures because I wasn’t looking at the sample copies, and since I was the one who filled everything up by the time I got to the second copy my hand was shaky already. In fairness to Jaims, he volunteered to do the second copy. I refused, baka paulit kse pangit sulat nya heheheh!!! When we submitted everything, she checked them, stapled together and asked us to go to Window 6. When we are about to go to the Window, I remembered that Jaims haven’t withdraw money yet and that I’m not sure if I have money in my wallet since I remember buying Claricort and C2 and having our forms photocopied before we went there. Buti na lang I still have P300.00 in my wallet. So we paid already and went back to her. She said we could pick the marriage license by August 4 but since we haven’t submitted the church seminar certificate yet, it has to wait. We thought everything was okay already but she asked us to give another P50.00 for the notary. That time, I wasn’t sure if I still have P50.00. Sure I can remember I saw a P20 bill inside my wallet but not P40 or P50. If it’s P40.00 then we’re saved since I have lots of coins with me. Buti na lang it was P40.00, and then we just fished out some coins from our respective pockets. So that was our City Hall adventure. Travel time and business time lasted for about an hour. That’s one thing I liked about Pasig City Hall. Whenever I go there, I’m sure I can do something worthwhile. Their service is really efficient. Something QC City Hall isn’t.

****************


Jaims went straight to the Shrine of Our Lady of Lourdes in Quezon City. He has to re-processed his Basptismal Certificate since his birthday there is April 4 and not April 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment