18 October 2009

sally

sally_faceSofi received an imitation Barbie Doll called Sally on her last birthday.  Since I'm not brand conscious and the doll seemed to make her happy, I made her play with it.  The only qualm I have with Sally was that she's not properly dressed.  Sally wears a very small tube that slips off easily and a super tight fit jeans that shows off the crack of her butt.  The boots she's wearing is a plus -- everything else was a no-no.

Sally and Sofi's first few days were okay but I feel Sofi's uneasiness whenever Sally's tube falls off.  "mommy, labas do-do!", she screams.  I couldn't remember when she stopped playing with Sally.  The last time I saw Sally, her boobs were squished and her tube's velcro tape was already removed.  I placed Sally back to her box, and put it aside.

Early this week, as Sofi was being her usual self...climbing the sofa looking for stuff to mess with, she saw Sally's box.  She pulled it and I saw Sally's warped body.  I was about to say don't play with it anymore but I saw Sofi's face brighten.  Maybe she remembered how much she loved the toy.  I grabbed the box, told her that i'll have sally fixed first then went straight to the kitchen.  I asked dadi if there's anything he can do to return Sally to her normal self.  Dad was able to fix Sally but I didn't want Sofi to keep on saying "mommy, do-do".  We brought Sally upstairs and I attempted to give her a decent top.

Here is Sally now:[gallery]

The shirt she's wearing is an old underwear which I sewed at the top to give her a neck cut.  I sewed the sides and left the bottom hem unsewed.  I was pretty impressed with myself after i have done this shirt.  Sofi was excited while I put the parts together and she kept on insisting that she wants to play with Sally even if I wasn't done with my project.  After finishing the shirt, I gave sally to Sofi and she played with it.

but now Sally's back on the floor...kids...tsk tsk tsk...

1 comment:

  1. This used to be underwear? Ang galing naman ni Mommy, super resourceful and creative pa...awww!

    ReplyDelete