30 March 2010

10k

I've read somewhere that running is the new badminton.  On a positive note, it could mean that more and more people are getting into the fitness world.  Negatively, people will eventually get tired of it and leave it for another FAD sport.


More and more local companies are banking on the idea of running as a promotional gimmick.  There's the Century Tuna Superbods RunUNILAB Run United for Wellness 2010, and Timex Run 2009.  The shortest of which is 500m for kids and 3k for adults/beginning runners.  Though I haven't been lured to join any of these, I'm planning to join them in the future.  We have our own marathon in XS, the Xavier-ICA Family Fun Run, and I failed to join this year.  The iLRC kiddos -- Reagan, Neri, Jane and MC -- joined the fun run last time and I begged off to what was supposed my first run ever.  Anyways, Reagan and Neri continued running.  Both of them run at the Marikina Sports Center.



I promised Neri i'll start running when vacation kicks off and I'm sticking to my promise.  To motivate myself I bought a new running shoes yesterday.  I went to Olympic World - Robinson's Pioneer in search of the ultimate running shoes.  What's the IT factor?  It has to be cheap and it has to look good.  I've attempted to look for running shoes in different mall sale but the price almost always turns me off.  I almost bought a World Balance shoe in Market Market but they don't have my size.  Come to think of it, that shoe isn't a beauty after all.  What I had is the Accel RN Deena White/Mint Color.  Website says that SRP should be P1699.75 but I got it for P1360.00.  There's also a royal blue, black and pink accents if you prefer a less bold color.  I've seen the royal blue and it's a beauty, but they don't have my size too.  But the green one is cool enough for me.  It may not be a love at first sight case but the longer you look at it, the more beautiful it becomes.  Plus, it's proudly Philippine made.


Now that I have my shoes, I'm looking forward for my next purchase -- a realiable sports watch and a music player.  The music player's the least of my priorities but the watch, I must get it.  And I'm eyeing the Timex Ironman 50-Lap Mid.

Money should grow on trees ...

No comments:

Post a Comment