15 April 2010

sewer declogging

sew·er (n.)
An artificial, usually underground conduit for carrying off sewage or rainwater.

sew·age (n.)
the waste matter carried off by sewers or drains

sew·er·age (n.)
1. removal of surface water and waste matter by sewers
2. a system of sewers
3. sewage

Source:  YourDictionary.Com



My mom complained about this a month ago and the problem continues to resurface.  When they had our all around handyman, Mang Lando to check on the sewers, they found plastics, sanitary napkins and worse, underwear.  Since we live in a townhouse, problems like these are very common.  We're not sure if it came from us or from the other houses.  In fact, it could even be from the previous tenants of these houses.  Mang Lando was only able to fish out a few stuff blocking the pipes and we were able to flush the toilet bowls again.


Early this week, my mom had another encounter with overflowing bowls and hard to flush objects.  This is troublesome since we don't have a helper today and they are the ones cleaning up the mess.  The smell gets worse if it doesn't get cleaned up.  Papa knows the ins and outs of these townhouses because he was the one who saw it through.  FYI, he's an engineer.  So he had the manhole opened up again and of course he knew that something must be done.  He was bugging mama for the water bill and he kept on asking if we have an outstanding balance.  Mama, the ultimate I-must-know-first-what you-will-do-with-it-before-I-give-it-to-you interviewer, asked Papa several questions before handing the bill.   He said that he will asked the Manila Water to seep the sewage and I think they need to see the bill.  Or maybe he just wants to get in touch with them.  the bills have the office's contact numbers, AFAIK.  When we were about to go back to our room, Sofi and I saw a big manhole being filled with water.  I even broke the strap of my laptop sack trying to look for Oly.  I manage to take a few shots while shooing Sofi away from the hole.


[slideshow]


I didn't know Manila Water can do it.  I thought only Malabanan does the dirty job.  I'm not sure though if they asked for extra fee to clean up.  i'll ask them later.  It just dawned on me that this is an early celebration of Earth Day 2010.  Come on, pamper your sewers. Contact Manila Water now.  Dial hotline number 1627.

Manila Water
MWSS Administration Building
489 Katipunan Road, Balara, Quezon City 1105 Philippines
Website: www.manilawater.com
Email: info@manilawater.com

P.S. I asked my mom if the seeping costs anything and she said that it cost P1000.00 per truck.  The truck came thrice so mama payed P3000.00.  The men who worked for us only gave receipt for the first P1000.00.  Obviously, they're keeping the P2,000...mean!  Papa said, it's a lot cheaper than the Malabanan excavation.

No comments:

Post a Comment