19 January 2011

the search for the new assistant


i attended a general assembly in school today informing us of the need for new assistant principals (we have two) in high school.  they gave a rundown of the basic requirements, and listed all candidates.  Of course, people like us do not expect to see our names there.  And I guess not a lot wants to be in that position neither.  For some, it would be.  It just dawned on me how serious that matter was.  Looking at the requirements, from educational attainment to emotional maturity, I felt so inferior.  If I can meet half or even just a quarter of those expectations then I guess I deserve the spot where I am right now.  I think more people deserve my position.  I think more people are more capable for the job.  Everyday I tell people, I am not exactly happy. Everyday, they tell me I can do something.  Everyday I tell people, find another one.  Everyday they tell me, there is no one.
I want action but I can’t do it when I’m here.

No comments:

Post a Comment