22 April 2006

Divisoria: we've got it all for you!

Divisoria - ( n.) 1. shopping haven 2. place where you can find everything
and anything 3. lugar para sa kuripot, at walang pera


Yesterday, Jaims and I braved the scorching heat of summer looking for gowns around Quiapo and Divisoria. When you look at these stores, all of them carry the same type of gowns, mostly made of piña jusi or shiny-shimmery satins. It's a very tiring yet an adventure-filled afternoon. At first, I was too shy to asked, good thing Jaims is quite a front-liner, when I've already warmed up to the set-up, Jaims and I inquired alternately. We were able to find Maning's Lace (carrying the William So gown) which was included in my list of places to visit but with the package that they set I think we could find something better. Their basic package costs 20k includes 1 bride, 1 groom, 1 MOH, 2 BM, 3 sponsors, 2 FG, 2 bearers, when I asked what if I wouldn't avail of the 2 bearers and 1 BM, the lady there said they would improve the bridal gown but wouldn't lower the cost...nyek! We found one store called the Liwanag Enterprise. We talked to Winnie Tiu, the owner/couturier and he seemed to know what he's talking about. They can copy anything from the catalog, and for P4,850 he can give us a gown that is made of duchesse (so that's how it is called --- the less-shiny material I preferred), entourage gowns will cost 800 each. Maybe he's package would cost me around 15-18k.

Jaims passed by Hidalgo to have a DVD copied then we took a jeep to Divisoria. We decided to go straight to the cluster since Tutuban gowns might cost more than the average. But around the cluster I find the prices a little off, their ready made gowns costs 3k, but if I wanted to have mine made according to my size, it will cost me around 5k...if I want another design from the catalog that would cost me 9k...really now...so Jaims and I decided to move to Ilaya st. -- the farther you get, the cheaper they cost. They cary the same gowns just like those in Cluster but I found one store who's willing to make a gown from the catalog for 5k. The store's name is 3 Kings Bridal and for 1 bridal gown, 1 piña barong and slacks for the Groom, 5 gowns (for 1 MOH, 1 BM, 3 sponsors), 1 MOB and 2 FG, she quoted us 12,650. Best of all, the girl's willing to do home service. I just hope she gave the right prices because I think she made a mistake with the FG and entourage gowns...we'll see, Jaims and I will still decide. But since all gowns look alike, it all boils down to trusting your instinct...bahala na!

No comments:

Post a Comment