28 May 2006

FOOD TASTING with ELOQUENTE

Been a long time since I last blogged...apparently something happened with our planning that's why I'm back again. Though we don't admit, I think both of us are already panicking. The event will take place in less than 5 months and nothing's tangible yet. We haven't reserved a place, we're still unsure of the date, finance's problematic and everyhing's not falling into place...
Anyways, Jaims and I visited Eloquente yesterday to inquire about their packages. When I talked to Ms. Grace over the phone she said that food tasting is not possible but we could still drop by if we want to discuss their packages. Before going there, Jaims and I called Acropolis to inquire if the venue is still available on the date but they said someone has booked with them already. We were so sad, and sudenly we felt like panicking badly. Acropolis has been our top choice since it was the cheapest among the clubhouse, add to the fact that Ate Minnie (Jaims' cousin-in-law) has a homeowner relative who could lower the price. Our bad -- we were too relaxed. ahhh...no use crying over spilled milk.

Back to my Eloquente story, we got lost because I forgot the house number. I thought it was #7 Yale st. but Jaims kept on insisting that he recalled seeing #70 on our email. When it wasn't #7 I knew Jaims got irritated so we had to go back to #70 without the cab. Beng-Beng entertained us and discussed with us their packages and the good news about this is that they prepared food for our food tasting. WOOHOO!!! But since we weren't expecting to have food tasting, Jaims didn't bring his camera. Sayang noh?!

Kakainis! I don't know how to bargain, Jaims was already pinching me under the desk because I couldn't get a hint...sorry sosyal eh! Our package will cost us 51k. That's for 150 guests with free sound system. Our menu would be:

Soup: Oriental Nido Soup
Appetizer: Assorted Cocktail French Bread Canape(Crab Sticks, Tuna and Egg
Salad Bar: Garden Fresh Salad with Thousand Island Dressing

Main Course: Blue Marlin Steak (Grilled on Spot), Braised Beef with Red Wine, Porkloin with Baby Corn and Mushroom, Tuna and Beef Carbonara, Chicken
Garlic Salpicao

Dessert: Tropical Fruit Salad

Drinks: Bottomless Lemon Iced Tea, Coffee and Tea Bar


When the food was served, I realized buti na lang we didn't bring the camera since the presentation wasn't as presentable as that of Auffrance. It's like buying food at the canteen since it was just served in small plate. We were served with Blue Marlin Steak, Braised Beef with Red Wine, Porkloin with Baby Corn and Mushroom, Pork Mandarin vegetable, Chicken Ala King, and Porkloin with Baby Corn and Mushroom. The food was fine but it wasn't the type that I'd really craved for. The Blue marlin was a little thin and dry but Beng said it comes with lemon butter sauce on the day itself. I hope. I prefer Porkloin with Baby Corn and Mushroom than the Pork Mandarin vegetable. Jaims said he preferred the latter. I didn't like how the mandarin veggie looked, it was so dark and it's a little salty. Jaims said it's typical of a mushroom viand to taste a little salty but Jaims was nice enough to accommodate my request *grin* Braised beef's taste is okay but the beef slices were a little big. Magagalit guests baka matinga sila! Beng said on the day itself ok naman sya, rushed lang kse...oki... We also had a hard time choosing between carbonara and fetuccine, Ham and Cheese sounded plain to us but we wanted fetuccini sana on our menu. Ako naman I was skeptic on the taste of tuna and beef combined, parang di bagay. They didn't have a sample kse.

Happy naman ako sa coffee and tea bar. At least, it's something that Jaims really wanted to have for the guests since his family are caffeine-addict heheh...

Another booboo...I kept on telling Jaims sa bahay pa lang na pa-reserve na kami but when we got there wala kaming pera hahaha!!! Sabi ko balik na lang kami :( huhuhu!!! Pero blessing in disguise rin siguro, just this afternoon Jaims told me he inquired with Alison last night regarding his mom's catering service, and mukhang pasok naman sila sa budget. He also mentioned another caterer (Lola Mameng or something...forgot na!) which is within budget. we'll still see... Basta sana we get to reserve within the week a venue para ok na...haaayy!!! kaka-panic tong prep s na 'to.

We stayed until 6Pm with eloquente, Jaims was still bargaining himself as a photographer to them..Sabi ko nga ex-deal na lang, pero I think I they were discussing referrals na lang...heheh!!! Marketing talaga tong mahal ko :D

No comments:

Post a Comment