02 April 2006

venues...

Jaims and I rarely have chances of talking about our future plans. Most of the time one of us is in the mood for discussion and the other is just too caught up with the daily task. Last night he was in the mood, thanks to the Raymart-Claudine wedding (which I hated so much, BTW!) So we talked until 1 am, it wasn't too serious but at least we were able to squeeze in a few things.

Somehow we're decided that we would have our reception at the Prestige Towers in Emerald Ave. It's not a big place, and not at all that grand. The place is small, low-ceiling not the usual place one would celebrate weddings. But their package sounds reasonable, and I like the fact that there is a mini landscape area on the sides where we could have pictures taken with the Ortigas area as backdraft. Garden weddings are nice, but I just don't like the idea of exposing our visitors to heat and mosquitoes. I wanted a fully air-conditioned functioned area with a little touch of nature. This is just the place. Besides I wouldn't want to spend a lot. I'd rather save for the future than shell out all our hard-earned money on a one-time basis. grabbed a few pics of PRESTIGE on the net. Thanks to whoever owns this.


This is how Prestige looks like from outside, pic on the right is the lobby area.



And this is the roof deck where the couple could post for pictures. It's just a small area but the view is great.

We're still scouting for the church venue. I know Sanctuario de San Jose is okay but if we'll have to take Perstige, the church just doesn't match the venue. medyo sosyal ang simbahan I still like Guadalupe, mainit lang but I still prefer the place. I don't like St. Francis that much, the place is wide rather than long. It is not well-lit. It doesn't have the place (dunno how it's called) at the top of the front door where the photographer could take a panoramic shot of the church from inside. Most of all it's too huge, don't like my wedding to look empty. Jaims fell in love with CTK again last Thursday when he had a shoot there. think he likes it there, and I don't have any problem with that...but can we afford it?

As to where we will live afterwards, I'm still talking Jaims into renting a small place at once. He wants to stay at his place for a few months but I prefer otherwise. I just feel that we need to live alone so we could save for our future. This is issue is still lingering, although we haven't really talked about this that much. I know we should.

I hope we could plan more. I told Jaims we should tell Papa this time. I just hated how things are going right now, when we've told mama already. Why is she pretending we never told her anything? I wanted to plan everything now, but some things are not working the way we wanted them to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment