26 February 2006

mga kapalmuks...

As Jaims put it, with the current competition, they need us more than we need them. So we're grabbing opportunities that feed hungry mouths and are wallet-friendly hehe...

I'm talking about our first-ever food tasting with Auffrance. Jaims received a number of text messages from them inviting us to visit them for a free food-tasting. I was hesitant at first because I was too shy to eat for free, when I know we're not sure if we really wanted someone to cater for us. But we still did.

When we got there, we were served with water and iced tea. We were busy looking at the slideshow of venues when Jes gave us the pictures of venue and package sheets.

The first entree was the Eggplant Tempura. It's the typical tempura with a dip. I'm not sure if it was sour cream and some seasoning but it tasted like one. It served its purpose of being the appetizer because I was craving for more after a few bites. Not bad for an eggplant. The next entree was the Corn Chowder soup. I only had a couple of sips because I didn't like how it tasted. First, I'm not a fan of corn soup and second, the combination of the ingredients just didn't match my taste buds. I think the experience was the same with Jaims. For a corn-lover, he should have liked it but as I said, he didn't. We just checked the packages again while waiting for the next course.

After the appetizers, we were served the main course. Along with the rice, we had Fish Fillet with Corn Salsa, Greenbeans with Almondine and Beef Stew with Red Wine. I have to say, the fish fillet was great. It was so good I finished it that Jaims called me patay-gutom hahaha! The Corn Salsa complements the fillet. I don’t really like fish fillet because they tastes bland even with the tartar sauce but with corn salsa – it was great! Here’s a picture of the Fish fillet.

If you’re wondering how the eggplant tempura and the soup look like, I’m sorry I can’t post pictures. Maybe you could check their site. We were so PG we only remembered to take pictures while digging through our main course heheh…

The Greenbeans Almondine was also good -- a perfect alternate for the usual buttered vegetables along with the main course. bitin lang because we were only served with around 6 strings each but it was great. God, I can’t be a food reviewer. I’m running out of perfect adjectives. The Beef Stew with Red Wine was too plain. It would pass as a usual canteen viand. I only had a single bite, and then I didn’t touch it anymore.

The Porkloin with Mustard Cream which was served on a different plate is good enough but it was so hard I didn’t enjoy it. The mustard cream was tasty though. This came with the Lemon-Peppered chicken. It was grilled. The taste was too ordinary for me. Jaims loved it. Maybe my expectation was too high. I was looking for the sweet yet lemony taste but that’s not what I get. I was even thinking of the usual household lemon-pepper taste but I wasn’t able to find it. Besides, the breast isn’t exactly my most favorite chicken cut.




For dessert, we were served with buko lychee. Upon hearing the waiter mentioned lychee, I commented how I don’t enjoy the taste of lychees but I stand corrected because I was able to finish a goblet-full of this dessert. Yummy!

Their package was too expensive though. They have a budget wedding package for 330 per head but when we discussed with Jes, he mentioned that that was the one without the arrangements and other inclusions. Bahala na, as for now, Jaims and I are looking forward for our next patay-gutom adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment