18 October 2009

ya-yay tummy!

Last night was a terrible night for Sofi..and me.  Before going up to our room, Sofi said she pooped and that her tummy was hurting.  Thinking that the tummy ache was just something connected to the poop, I brought her up to our room,  washed her and gave her her night-time bath.  After dressing her up, she complained of another tummy ache.  I told her that mommy will put oil so that it won't hurt anymore.  I rubbed oil all over her tummy putting a sign of the cross first before finally spreading it -- just like how mama does it before with us.  She asked for milk afterwards.  a few minutes after she started vomitting the milk she drank.  I ran towards the comfort room to get a "tabo".   But since we were both on bed, it took me a while before i can go to the comfort room and get our "suka-catcher".  The bed was already drenched with vomit when I got back.  I undressed her, washed her again and left her on one side of our room so I can change the beddings.  Jaims was not home when this happened that's why it took me a while to do everything.  I wanted her to sleep already but she wouldn't.  maybe she was scared but most of all because she wasn't feeling right even after vomitting.  She consumed 60z of water and didn't want to take any solid or milk anymore.  She kept on saying, "ya-yay tummy ni Sofi".  I left her on our makeshift bed to fix the beddings and wash the soiled pillows and beddings.  After a while, she vomitted again, this time it was the rice and chicken she ate at 5PM.  Somehow she wasn't able to digest what she ate.  A few more vomitting spiels happened before she finally fell asleep.

This wasn't an ordinary day for Sofi.  She ate rice, soup and chicken for lunch.  And then when we woke up at 5PM, she asked for rice, soup and chicken again.  After this, she asked for milk.  when she was done, she saw mini cakes and finished a pack -- 3 pieces.  During dinner time, she grabbed another chicken and ate them again.  When her dad arrived, she tried getting another chicken but I stopped her already.  I was even happy that she was eating a lot and not asking too much milk, only to find out that she wasn't able to digest it.

Today, I was supposed to bring her to work but while i was dressing up, Sofia fell asleep on our bed.  Gone were my half-day plans, but it's fine with me as long as she's feeling a lot better.

sleepy_sofi

No comments:

Post a Comment