30 July 2006

Pre-cana seminar

Our pre-cana seminar is scheduled on Aug 26 and 27 but since my LET falls on the 27th, Ms. Precious from MTQ move the date to July 30 and Aug 26.

*******************

It was a rainy Sunday morning. Jaims and I went home late last Saturday because we had another adventure which I'll blog on later. Anyways, we were both puffy eyed when we met each other in the morning. For both of us(especially for him), Sundays meant late wakeup calls and we were literally dragging ourselves up to attend a seminar. I must admit, i'm a li'l excited. I woke up at 2am, slept again, then woke up at 5 and slept again. While dressing up, I was imagining the wedding. I was imagining myself walking on the aisle, everyone smiling, music playing...then suddenly a case of bad stomach cut the mood... *hears the flushing of the toilet*

It was a two part seminar that I couldn't exactly figure how they vary. If not for the fact that there are different speakers and that there was a lunch break, I wouldn't know. The first speaker was Tim Bautista. He talked about setting objectives before the wedding using the SMART method which stands for SPECIFIC, MEASURABLE, ATTAINABLE, RESULTS-ORIENTED and TIME BOUND. He also asked us to discuss a topic with our future partners and to present them with the big-group. Ours was the miscellaneous topic.
Questions:
1. We will settle in the Philippines and not work abroad.
2. I expect to be taken to and fetched from work.
3. How will we celebrate birthdays and other celebrations?
4. Children must be given physical punishments.
5. What are the hobbies and sports that we must do together? not together?

There were more, but can't remember all the questions. Being shy, I asked Jaims to do the presenting. Tim wanted us to introduce ourselves first, to tell the others how we met, how long have we been together and when our wedding will be. His remarks were really funny. Since Jaims mentioned that he met me at the chatroom, Tim said he knew all along that I was Jaims' victim. He also asked questions what if Jaims has to shoot for FHM and the likes...kulit The funny thing about this seminar, was that Tim was with his wife. Everytime he says something...he looks at his wife...wife reacts...Tim takes back what he said.

Other couples had to answer topics like:
1. Should I convince my partner to go to Church twice a week?
2. I am willing to help my partner's family financially.
3. After the wedding, we plan to have a baby right away.
4. We will stay at my partner's place before we are financially ready.
5. Foreplay is important.
6. Can I say "no" to my partner if he wants to.

It's quite hard to think of answers to these questions especially if you're asked on the spot. That is why, Tim was telling us to set aside a day before our weddings to discuss all those stuff. When you see the questions, some of them are really funny but when you try to take them seriously it will hit you: "Are we really ready?" "Are we sure that we know what we're getting at?"

In the end, each of us will realize that we shouldn't make a lot of fuss with the wedding day since it is just a day, instead one must focus on the marriage itself because marriage is a lifetime commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment