31 July 2006

may gown na ako...

In all honesty, the gown has been a source of my stress for the past few weeks. While most brides are already having their first fitting, I was still on the stage of finding who would do the gown for me and my entourage. It shouldn't cause any problem except for the fact that couturier costs a lot, and some gown shops are trying to fit themselves in that line. For real gown designers, gowns would range from 50k to 100k. OA gowns woyuld cost higher. The filthy rich can afford them, the trying hards want to try but for poor brides like me these gowns are just a dream. I would cry at the thought of a 10k gown. Our original budget reads 15k and that is for my gown, the entire entourage and my mom.

Since Jaims didn't like the idea of having my gown made by the stores in Divisoria, he insisted that we increase our budget for my gown alone to 10k. It was hard on my part because I'm the type of person who would always compute how much money is left at the bank. An added cost meant a lot to me. But I finally decided to have it done by the shops in Kamuning, so I went to Jaims last Saturday.

Side kuwento lang, Jaims processed his confirmation certificate in San Miguel Church that morning that's why we started late with our adventure. When I got to his place Ate jingy-Jing was unpacking a balikbayan box...weeee! Syempre, since I was there she gave me some chocolates and a lotion :)

Before we left his place, Jaims insisted that Ate Jing call Edgar Allan. For the rich beings, Edgar Allan is EDGAR ALLAN. He's been in the business for 25 years. For the regular tao, he's the name we usually see atop a shop in Glorietta. When you peak inside it looks like a factory of all those glorious gowns. Those type you see in your dream :) What are we thinking calling Edgar Allan when we couln't even afford a gown in Kamuning hehe...Anyway, we got a great deal with him. Although a little pricey, Jaims nudged me to agree already. Edgar Allan designed an off-shoulder gown for me. I wish we have a duplicate of the design so I could post it here but he didn't give it to us. Maybe next time.

He was a very nice person not just because of the discount he gave but more on the way he talk. With just one meeting, I can feel how much he takes care of his client. He actually drew two gowns for me. I like the first one but he insisted on the other. Ate Jing liked the second gown too. She said it matches my personality more. I just hope I would look good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment