08 August 2009

what's next?

jaims and i have been experiencing our share of, as lemony Snicket puts it, "a series of unfortunate events".  We'd like to think it's just a normal phase of life, that things will smoothen out in the end.  after all, recession has been felt in most homes.

our savings are depleting, and it seems that the monthly income is not enough to sustained the daily needs.  we've cut our nonsense spendings, ended our regular afternoon shawarma journey and even slept on our hunger pangs to avoid having midnight snack. 

feng shui can't lure me to reorganize our room, my office table or my forever short hair.  people always tell me  that God has plans for each one of us.  and i'm holding on to this belief.  maybe God wanted us to feel the pain so that we get to appreciate the fruits long after.  maybe God has stop giving jaims small time projects because a big one's ought to come.  He doesn't want jaims to get tired of the small things because He wanted jaims to dwell on the big project he's about to get.

i am no longer praying that i win the lotto or stumble on a big sack of money on my way home.  Today, i prayed that God strengthen my faith on Him and to hold on to the belief that He has plans for my family.  Today, I prayed that this phase do not ruin my relationship with Him and to break my family.  Today, I prayed that I can be strong enough to wait for His Grace even it takes a life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment