28 November 2010

baking dreams

For the past days I find myself crazy over a childhood dream.  i couldn't recall when exactly i first dreamt about pandesal, spanish bread and pan de coco (PSP).  I remember afternoons in Sta. Ana meant having any of these three bread variety, along with Coke litro in a glass bottle.


But of course I wanted more.

I've caught several episodes of Ace of Cakes in Lifestyle Channel.  This program showcases Duff Goldman and his team's passion for cake baking.  Their cakes aren't simply cakes, they make delicious artwork.  I watched one episode where they made a humongous Hershey's Bar to celebrate the Hershey School's anniversary.  Their cakes are so specific down to the last detail you'd think it ran through a giant copying machine.


Anyways, the whole fondant thing is so enticing I wanted to try it on my own.  I've been scouting for baking school/classes online that I might join to give me a good head start with the craft.  Sofi's clay is going through a lot of kneading and rolling lately.  I wish fondant is somehow the same as clay.


When I learn the stuff, i'll put up a bakeshop.  The cake thing is just on the side, i'll still have the usual PSP to keep the business running.


Business partner anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment