01 November 2010

joys of motherhood

lately, i find happiness in being Sofi's mom in so many ways.  i could have blogged about this a few weeks back but my laziness to blog got the better of me.


She had to two major activities last October but i was only able to attend one.  The United Nations celebration (which is part of every preschool BTW) was the first one.  Daddy came home sometime September excited to tell me that Sofia is going be Little Miss Vietnam.  When I asked him why Vietnam, he said he thought we're just going to make a flag.  He figured Vietnam is easier to make (nothing beats Japan) thus he chose it, alongside the fact that the toddlers were assigned Asian countries.  It was only after he chose that he realized he needs to dress up his little girl in Vietnam costume.  We trooped to Quiapo a few weeks after to find her a costume.  I first went to SM Carriedo but we couldn't find a Vietnamese costume.  i thought to myself this was going to be long and hard.  We entered the inside pasilios of the market but it was hard to find one.  When we were able to find one, the vendor was selling it for P400.00.  The only tawad we can haggle was less 50 bucks.  And she's selling the salakot for another P250.  We decided it's too much for a costume. We're going to make one instead.


When she had her Buwan ng Wika last August, Sofi didn't dance at all.  In fact she stood up in line with the other kids and gave me the see-i'm-standing-here-already-don't-make-me-dance-anymore face.  I was dead worried she might act the same way again.  I kept on asking her a few days before if she will dance because I don't have leave credits.  she keeps on saying she won't but of course, a mother will always be a mother.  No amount of NO can ever stop her from attending her daughter's activities...or maybe it's just me.  Anyways, i attended the event and i felt so happy seeing her join the group to dance.


 








What makes me even proud of her was that she walked on her own when it was their time to parade.  She was doing the funny poses she was practicing at home.  I thought she got it from the TV while watching America's Next Top Model.  We didn't know it was for their parade.   Teacher was still there guiding her but she still posed on her own.  It was funny to see her that way but i couldn't be happier.  In fact she was looking at my camera the whole time and not her daddy's (whose in front by the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment