29 April 2011

Bag Search!

Maynila is such a beautiful place, except that I'm too scared to bring valuables.  I seldom visit Maynila alone, only on instances that I have to renew my license or if I have to attend a seminar within its vicinity.  That's why when I went to PRC - Morayta I decided to bring only the essentials.  It's for the same reason why my pics in the previous post was a few clicks aways from being blurred.
Anyway, here's what's inside my ever reliable summer BAG!
(1) brown envelope. It contains all the documents I need for that day.
(2) travel cheat sheet. I'm such a Geographic Idiot (GI), I had to ask Jaims how to get to PRC. I had to write it down. I had to visualize it as I write it down. I didn't open it naman while in transit. I had memorize it by heart.
(3) PRC IDs. Do I need to explain why?
(4) Pencil Case Full of Writing Tools. Have you ever been to Pasig City Municipal Hall? When you transact your business, and you don't have a pen. They'll sell you Panda Pens. They don't provide and will not lend you any, even if you just forget to sign the doc. Crazy noh?! Good thing PRC provides pens near their Windows.
(5) PASTE. To paste your pictures. If you fail to do so, they'll ask you to do it. Some Windows have pastes, some doesn't. It's better to bring one. I remember bringing one before, and someone saw it. She borrowed it, another came, and they passed it on to each other. Hello?! Get your own.
(6) Smaller Bills. Ma'am, may piso ka? Wala ka bang barya? Exact amounts, coins and smaller bills make transaction faster and better. Bring lots o' them.
(7) Receipt.  That's the receipt of the Pastillas I brought home for Sofi.  But make sure you bring something to munch on, or drink when inside PRC.  An early bird ends up hungry.
(8) Handkerchief.  I should have brought a towel.  With the grueling heat nowadays, a towel seemed fitting.
(9) Adidas Floral Dream Perfume.  Trying to smell good despite the heat.
(10) Cellphone.  For emergency calls and text messages.  For games to keep you busy, instead of cursing slow queues.
(11) Nora Roberts' Birthright.  I read the first few pages while aboard an FX but I decided to play Scrabble instead while waiting for my Petition Form.  I intend to read that sometime :)
Another reason why I love going to Maynila are ambulant vendors along the road and overpasses. Every time I go to Morayta, I take home cheap loots from these vendors.   Your P50 can go a long way here.  I have bought pony's, hair clips and combs before.  Today, I found this:
Presenting! my cheap find along the strip of Morayta. A 30-peso beaded black bracelet. I luv it!

How about you, what's inside your bag?

No comments:

Post a Comment