17 April 2011

Baked Tahong

I can’t remember when my love affair with baked shell foods began. My dad used to tag along with his friends when they eat at fine dining restaurants. I can’t remember if it was one of those times that we join them that I got to eat my first baked oyster. Gooey oyster topped with melted cheese — YUM! The cheap alternative would be the baked tahong we’ve had after we got home, and I was still craving for more. Then when I got to college, I’ve tried baked scallops, in Dencio’s.

Last night, we had baked tahong for dinner. I wish I had brought Oly in the kitchen, but I was too lazy to go up, I used my phone cam to take pictures. Enjoy the recipe!

INGREDIENTS:

boiled tahong (mussels), upper shell removed


butter
onion leaves, minced
garlic, minced
cheese


PROCEDURE


Chop garlic and onion leaves.
Mix chopped ingredients with 1/4 butter


Grate cheese.


Spread mixture on top of tahong.
Top with grated cheese.


 Pop inside the oven toaster at 350C and toast until cheese has melted or brownish.
Serve hot.



*Mussels can be replaced with oyster or scallops
** I have tried using Spinach in the mixture before. So good and nutritious :)

Happy Baking,

No comments:

Post a Comment