12 June 2010

Awesome Moment #10


Parents' Orientation


Ever since I entered XS, I  have attended a number of Parents' Orientation and my lone participation to all of those was a mere subject.  You see, in a Parents' Orientation there are three types of people present.


  1. The PRESENTOR - usually the school owner/director/highest school official.  He/She may be followed by the principal and those next in line.
  2. The PARENTS - you can't have a parents' orientation without this important element.
  3. The SUBJECT - Other than the school's VMG, the teachers and staff get a chance to experience limelight on this event.

This morning I have the chance of experiencing my first ever REAL Parents' Orientation as a PARENT.  We started of with a prayer, then we proceeded with the school's Vision-Mission-Goal, the usual stuff.  The disadvantage of working for a school and have attended a number of orientations is that you see the flaws of other schools.  I was telling Jaims I wanted to takeover and do some editing with their PPT, or maybe change the flow of the program.  But these are minor stuff that a non-OC might not see.

Sitting there as a parent and looking at the number of activities that Sofi and her classmates will do for this school year, there is a sinking feeling that I won't be a good mom.  I wanted to balance my career and my family time but given the many NEW things in my life I might end up being poor at one aspect.  But I'm being positive about this.  I know the Parents' Orientation is just the beginning of infinitely wonderful possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment