27 June 2010

deloading administrators

i realized just now why there is a need to deload administrators; why most department coordinators in a basic ed setup do not have teaching assignments.


i was doing my lesson plan (LP) for a H2 class for the past few days now.  what takes me a day or two of LP creation when created from scratch is now eating up my entire week and hasn't molded yet into its perfect form.  I remember sending a copy of my LP draft to myself so i can work on it in school but I have only seen it a couple of times and edited it once.  I tried doing it yesterday but somehow something else is still lacking.  Creating the powerpoint is easy just as long as i have everything well laid.  the problem is I couldn't seem to fit the lesson in 60 minutes.  It has to spill next meeting but I'm not sure if the lesson will finish the entire 60 the following meeting.  I've revised the lesson, adding activities here and there but there's more to come.


Enter the dragon.  Since librarians have to teach library skills, the poor deparment chairperson has to check all their LPs before they use them in class.  In as much as i wanted to just leave the LPs and trust their abilities to create meaningful lessons, it just can't be.  It's my responsibility to help them assess the kind of activities they give to students.  In the end, it's not just them who gets blamed.  It's the entire department.  And I just can't risk its name.

No comments:

Post a Comment