20 June 2010

awesome moment #11

ok, so i'm not being religious with my 365 AM's but i'm really trying. the past week had been very busy i hardly have time to even open Missy.  I'll just push through with my AMs when time permits.



Awesome Moment #11: watching a movie.


It's been years since I last entered a movie house.  In fact i don't even have an idea how much tickets cost now.  Two weeks ago, when I saw the trailer of Toy Story 3, I already asked Jaims to book June 19 for us.  It will mark 4 momentous events in our lives.


  1. Sofi's first time to watch a movie
  2. our first movie, after not having watch for three years
  3. our first family movie date
  4. early father's day celebration

Since Toy Story 3 opened this Thursday, the line was still long.  But SM Marikina opened 3 cinemas to show TS3 -- Cinema 1, Cinema 2 and Cinema 7.  One of the cinemas offer TS3 in 3D but we opted to have the regular show since I knew Sofi might not like the idea of wearing 3D glasses.  For a film that lasts for more than 60 minutes, Sofi didn't act up.  For the longest time, Jaims and I are not too keen on bringing her to the movies.  we are afraid that money might go to waste if  Sofi ended up getting scared or shocked or simply not in the mood.  When we got in there, Sofi was so happy she was actually watching the trailers.  And each time an opening credit shows up, Sofi keeps shouting, "ayan na, ayan na!" while trying to anticipate the beginning of TS3.

Just like any regular kid, she kept on asking silly questions, like:


  • ba't madilim?
  • ba't ka tatawa?
  • ba't sila nagwa-watch?
  • ba't mo nilagay yung water ko jan? (referring to the cinema seat cup holder)
  • ano yan? (while looking at the light coming from thr projector)
  • friend mo sya? (referring to the one seated near me)

Though on the latter part of the movie, I noticed her trying to get down from her seat, walking in the nearby seats and started to suck on her thumb.  I knew she's getting bored and sleepy.  But the thought of her lasting for an hour inside the movie house without having tantrums is something I can be proud of.  My little baby is getting bigger by the minute.  I need to treasure each and every minute of our days being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment