25 June 2010

shopping

shopping is addicting.  you go to a mall without anything in mind to buy, you go home with a bag or two.  in an instant, you'll realize you needed something from that place.  when i was a kid, i hated going to the mall.  i don't like that suffocating feeling of trying to find your way out. i also hated having to choose clothes. i remember my mom getting frustrated a lot of times because i don't want to choose my christmas clothes or i don't like to try on the black leather shoes they have in the stock.  I was the i-don't-care-if my-clothes-are-still-the-same-for-christmas type of person.


When I got older, and had my own money for buying my own stuff, the frustration came in when i couldn't find the size that would fit me.  Being in this body is quite difficult.  I'm always on the lookout for short but large size clothes but what hey have then was either short-small or long-large.  Soemtimes out of frustration I'd end up buying stuff i don't need or just eating for the sake of spending.  That's bad shopping.


At least nowadays, more shops are recognizing the mixture of short, large and trendy style.  But what's keeping me hook with shopping recently was all for my daughter's needs.  I'm stingy.  If it's for myself there's always the filtering factor of "do i need this?" or "is it important?".  And if there's even the slightest hint of aversion on my part, then it goes back to the rack.  But if it's Sofia's shirt, dress or bottoms then that's another story.  I still filter price but if functionality outweighs the price then why not.


Recently, I rushed to the mall because Sofi needed jogging pants to pair with her PE shirt.  Since it was a small department store, there was not much to see.  When I found a real jogging pants i bought it already.  Only to find out that there's another one in the Pooh collection which looks much better and costs much cheaper.  I took both without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment